At WBDC we’ve created an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive. For more than 15 years WBDC has been the leader in entrepreneurial training and financial education for women, delivering programs and services that result in economic development and financial security for individuals and businesses throughout Connecticut. You can join our team of professionals and work with exceptional people, grow your skills and advance your career. Together you and WBDC can build a career that’s uniquely yours while helping to create jobs in Connecticut.
Program Specialist – (Temp to Perm)
Full Time; Non-Exempt
The Program Specialist reports to the Naugatuck Valley (NV) Senior Program Manager and is responsible for coordinating programs and services, including outreach, facilitation, delivery, logistics, achieving program goals and compliance. This position is based in WBDC’s Shelton office and occasional travel to other WBDC offices and sites including Danbury, Stamford, Hartford and Waterbury will be required.
WBDC is seeking candidates who can demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, an Entrepreneurial Mindset; creativity, curiosity, and a passion for the WBDC mission. Client Service is a key component to WBDC’s successful programs and the Program Specialist must be client focused and capable of efficiently addressing clients’ needs. The Program Specialist is a team player and a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to WBDC program team.
- Manage and safeguard all prospect, applicant and client paperwork/files for accountability and compliance
- Manage and implement the WBDC program intake process
- Assist the NV Senior Program Manager in monitoring the tracking of all WBDC client information and outcomes
- Assist the NV Senior Program Manager in developing all WBDC programs and services
- Assist in development and distribution of program schedules and collateral
- Play a role in website program updates
- Assist with recruitment, management and monitoring for quality control of all WBDC Volunteer Instructors and Counselors
- Develop all program pre and post program paperwork
- Serve as facilitator at WBDC workshops/classes; also possibility to serve as instructor
- Provide office coverage at WBDC office sites
- Ensure client information, registrations and activities are inputted into database efficiently
- Assist in the promotion of all programs and services, including representing WBDC throughout the state
- Provide all necessary program reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree
- Two(2)+ years prior office and community outreach experience in community development and/or non-profit sector with management and training experience
- Small business or women’s economic self-reliance experience and/or interest
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong organization skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset; creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable working independently and within a team environment; able to work collaboratively with various team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database software
- Sales and customer service oriented; Out-going and client focused
- Sensitive to the needs of a diverse client base
- Must have own transportation as this position requires travel between locations
- Availability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed at the discretion of management
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Established in 1997, the Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women achieve economic equity through entrepreneurial training, financial education and advocacy. WBDC provides education, training, resources and connections to women (and men) at training sites throughout Connecticut, offering a continuum of programs and services to clients in need while fostering influential relationships for successful business women at the other end of the spectrum. Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the world.
WBDC offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and more in a supportive and flexible working environment.
WBDC, Inc. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
WBDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Alyssa Zbar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list PROGRAM SPECIALIST in the e-mail subject line. No phone inquiries.